In this Palm Sunday sermon, Pastor Babij teaches from various Scriptures the reasons why Jesus had to die. Many people misunderstand Jesus’ death, thinking that Jesus’ death merely shows us:
1. How much God loves us
2. That even good men will die
3. That Jesus was overcome by His enemies.
Pastor refutes these beliefs with reasons for Jesus’ death based on Scripture, such as:
1. To redeem His people from their sins
2. To redeem us from the Father’s anger
3. To condemn sin in the flesh and free us from the wages of sin.
Pastor concludes with an exhortation for Christians to keep the reality of hell before their eyes so that they might be motivated to warn everyone and spread the Gospel.