Thank you for your interest in Calvary Community Church. We would love to see you on Sunday! Below you’ll find answers to some questions you likely have as a first time visitor.
- 9:30 AM Sunday School (all ages)
- 10:30 AM Fellowship and Refreshments (breakfast foods provided, visitors welcome!)
- 11:00 AM Worship Service
- We usually offer Adult and Children’s Sunday Schools, but Sunday Schools do not meet in July or August.
What’s the church’s address?
Our address is: 5 Franklin Street, East Millstone, NJ, 08875-2117.
Some GPS’s find us better with: 5 Franklin Street, Somerset, NJ, 08875.
We are centrally located to serve Somerset, Mercer, Middlesex, and Hunterdon counties.
What do you do in the worship service?
Our worship service is built around the teaching of the Word of God and usually follows this structure:
- Opening Song: Led by the praise band, we stand and sing a song of praise to God.
- Scripture Reading: We stand and listen to a passage of Scripture read aloud. Each week’s reading is part of a sequential reading through the books of the Bible.
- Private Confession: We pause for a short time of personal prayer and confession as we get our hearts ready to worship God.
- Pastoral Prayer of Preparation: The pastor leads us in a prayer of praise, thanksgiving, and petition.
- Worship through Giving: We give money into the offering plates passed around by the ushers. Visitors are under no obligation at all to give.
- Worship through Song: Led by our praise band, we sing three hymns/contemporary worship songs. The first song is sung seated, while the second and third are sung standing.
- The Preaching of God’s Word: This is the most important part of our worship service. Our pastor preaches and explains the Word of God to us.
- Closing Song: We finish the service by standing and singing a song in response to what we have heard from the Word.
In addition to the above, we celebrate the memorial of the Lord’s Supper together on the first Sunday of each month and then, following the service, we eat lunch together in what we call Family Fellowship. While the Lord’s Supper is only for believers, we would definitely love for you as our guest to join us in our meal afterwards so that we can get to know you better!
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you like! We only ask that your clothes be modest and that you keep in mind that you’re coming to worship God together with His people. We have some members who come in suits and ties and others who come in jeans and T-shirts. Both are welcome!
Where should I park?
Most of our people park along both sides of Franklin Street in front of the church. Our church also has a small gravel parking lot on its left side and a few spaces behind the church. For handicapped attendees, we have three marked parking spaces on the right side of the church near our ramp and side entrance.
What kind of music do you sing?
We love to sing songs that are rich with Biblical truth, whether they be hymns or more contemporary worship songs. We believe that the human voice is the primary worship instrument but also see the biblical place for other instruments to complement the voice (for an example, see Psalm 33:2). Therefore, we are happy to use modern instruments, such as guitar, piano, violin, and percussion, to assist us as we sing.
As a visitor, am I expected to give to the offering?
Not at all! As our guest, please just enjoy the fellowship, service, and ministry of the Word.
What can you provide for my kids?
Plenty. We have fantastic Sunday school classes for children from age two to those in high school at 9:30 AM each week. We also provide nursery care for newborns during the Sunday school hour and nursery for both newborns and toddlers during the Worship Service. Furthermore, our new Kids4Truth program meets on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month (during our Family Night) from 6:45-8:45 PM during the fall, winter, and spring for kids age three to those in sixth grade.
Is your church wheel-chair accessible?
Absolutely. On the right side of the church are handicap-marked parking spots. Nearby is the ramp for our church’s side entrance.
What kind of fellowship opportunities does your church provide beyond Sunday morning?
Not only do we have Family Fellowship once a month immediately after church (where we talk and eat lunch together), but we also have Home Groups and various other ministries that provide rich discipleship and fellowship. Check out our ministry page to find out more!