In this sermon, Pastor Dave Capoccia looks at the introductory poem to the second half of Ecclesiastes articulating true wisdom’s narrow way. In Ecclesiastes 7:1-14, Solomon provides five poignant comparisons to show how wisdom, while not ultimate, makes life better.
1. Facing Death Is Better Than Chasing Fun (vv. 1-4)
2. Rebuke Is Better Than Revelry (vv. 5-7)
3. Patience Is Better Than Protest (vv. 8-10)
4. Wisdom Is Better Than Wealth (vv. 11-12)
5. Reverence Is Better Than Rebellion (vv. 13-14)